Mixing metals is a hot new trend for 2016, so don’t be afraid to mix them. I remember a few years ago when the trend was to keep every metal consistently the same. With stainless steel appliances everyone was using brushed nickel or stainless cabinet handles, but now the trend is to mix metals. As long as they have sheen and mixed properly the affect can be very nice, and can give interest to any room.
In the 2016 designer room, Sherri combined gold, silver and brushed nickel metals through out the room in the following ways:
- The desk lamp has a mix of silver and gold flecks in its base.
- The pulls on the desk are of brushed nickel.
- The wall mirrors with gold frames.
- The drapery rod a brushed nickel with gold undertone.
- The beautiful gold metal floor lamp.
- The silver metal on the end table located by the chair.
The key to successfully mixing metals is to ensure the metals are balanced in the room. The gold floor lamp balances the gold decor mirrors on the opposite wall. The pulls on the desk are picked up in the mix of metals in the small lamp base, and is balanced on the opposite side of the room on the metal of the small end table by the chair.
For the last 6 years, Sherri Cowlthorp, has been a key feature of the former Kitchen, Bath, and Renovation Show, which has now been re-branded as the Winnipeg Renovation Show.
Inclusive Design Group, your Winnipeg interior decorator.